Christmas

Saturday, August 4, 2012

A little of this a little of that sprinkled with honesty

Well, let's get the uncomfortable out of the way first. Shall we?
I had this post written multiple times in my head. Now it will be re-written again.
The uncomfortable. 
I'm a horse person. In my mind, you ask, tell, command. Chad taught me that.
He was the main horse guy person at a camp I worked at way back when. If you want a horse to do something you ask them through a gentle shift in weight or slight squeeze of the calves, what have you. If said horse still does not listen, you repeat the command with a slight bit more of emphasis. In the unlikely even the horse again does not listen, you command. A command can be through a swift kick, a voice, spurs, and in some cases a crop. 
Did you know that doesn't work in marriage?
Or at least not for the wife.
Yeah, it's true.
My amazing husband has been ever patient. I had no idea how...unhelpful and damaging I was being. I knew something was up but it was like pulling teeth to get it out of him. Why? Because he is that wonderful to me. He was silently suffering because he did not want to hurt me while so much was already going on. 

*NOTE: "so much going on" refers to Kyle & Abby getting ready for school, keeping everything running around the house, helping pull more around here so that he is able to rest & unwind from work, establish a daily routine for the kids, and battle blended family junk.

To be honest (a large sprinkle of it to be exact,) when he told me I thought, "Self, he is over reacting and needs to chill out!" Yeah, so not true! Today I caught myself doing the very things that annoy him so many times they were too numerous to count!
YIKES! 
That hurt!
I'm learning. We are growing. I love him even more!

A little of this...a little of that...
Coast Guard day was WONDERFUL! We went to Blue Bayou Water Park today down in Baton Rouge. Kyle does not enjoy rides of any type except a car ride. He definitely does not enjoy water that much. Abby is feeding off of his fears. We, being the fabulously sweet, kind, loving, non-tricksy parents that we are, told them we were going to the Toilet Museum where they could see an exact replica of the toilet Abraham Lincoln used as a kid.  I hope that isn't disrespectful because he was an AMAZING president. Further, they would also be allowed to clean said toilet with tools of that time period. The "fun element" of the Toilet Museum was the Toilet shaped swimming pool the Museum had!

Kyle & Abby cried!
Not literally, but close!
There was no way to take my camera safely into the park as Stephen and I fully intended to join in the fun of water slides! Therefore, my pictures are before and after. Abby ran from slide to slide to slide in the children's section, no joke, for HOURS! We were able to get her to ride 2 adult rides. Both had rafts that she could sit in with Dad and Momma Liz. Kyle stayed with whichever parent was not riding. HOWEVER!!!! He did ride the scariest kid section slide that I refused to ride! Kyle must have ridden it 8 or 9 times!
Our favorite was probably the Lazy River ride.
That is a testimony to how busy our lives are!
Around 3pm (we arrived at 10am when the park opened) we cleaned up and drove to Chili's for dinner. Both kids were so tired they practically fell asleep upon their empty plates! Yes, both completely cleaned their plates after all that running and playing and sunshine! Stephen, my fabulous husband I've been telling you about, also willingly drove to 3 different stores in different parts of Baton Rouge to see if we could find a stationary upright bicycle. My knee doctor says that will be the best rehab for my knee possible!
"Mrs. Langenmayr (so weird! that's supposed to be YOU Connie!) Mrs. Langenmayr, motion is lotion. You ride that bike 3 to 4 times a day for at least 15 minutes and your knee will be good as brand new in 6 - 12 months."
At the 3rd store we found the bike we like. (RHYMES!)
However, they were out so I'm checking out Amazon.com and I do believe I found it!
Yippee!
Here are your pictures!
Enjoy!
Keepin the prayers going up! God's people are for some reason under extra attack lately.
We need to stand together and pray for each other. God said where 2 or more are gathered in His name, He is there with them. I am 1 person gathered in His name. Geographics don't make a bit of difference to God, so gather with me friends and let's get some protection prayed on God's people!

Abby & Kyle created a tent in the back of the truck!
Abby played with her baby doll and Kyle shot her with Spider Man webbing!
See how excited Stephen was about the trip!
It's in his eyes - just trust me...he was excited!
Kyle & Abby were excited to be in line, can you tell by Picture 4???
Stephen started to lighten up and get excited too!
The last picture is after dinner was eaten & while Daddy paid the bill - do they look tired to you?


This picture should probably be first.
Look closely at the outer pictures.
Our darling, sweet, loving, non-antagonistic daughter decided to frustrate her poor brother.
Yes, this time he was legitimately innocent!
So he shot spider web at her!
...can you guess who we are obsessed with lately?
SPIDER MAN!



No comments:

Post a Comment