Hello!
We didn't disappear! But our school year is in full swing! Here are a few updates on everyone!
Abby:
She has officially started third grade! So far so good! We LOVE her teacher and Abby LOVES her teacher also! This sweet lady keeps all of her students hopping! Abby has learned that valuable lesson of, "Don't tease others because it might happen to you!"
What am I talking about?
Well, back when Kyle was in 3rd, he would complain about the amount of homework & the difficulty level. Abby would, with all the kindness in her soul, respond, "Well, I am in Kdg & I love it because it is SO easy!"
Sweet little thing, wasn't she?
Now, Abby is enjoying the business of gymnastics 2x a week, cheerleading 2x a week, church on Wednesday nights & homework 4 out of the 5 nights that requires her to think harder and memorize!
As a teacher-momma, I am LOVING watching her learn!
We have recently begun to learn that as we grow up, that means more responsibility (see her schedule above) along with needing to learn to handle the situations with friends with grace. In true 3rd grade form, there is drama. Abby has done a great job of adjusting and being kind!
This past Saturday (9/20) was our football jamboree!
Abby is part of the cheer team for this and had two cheer 2 half games back to back. She was quick to discover that cheer is not all happy happy joy joy. It takes hard work and a lot of determination to stay full of pep & joy as well as keep her movements sharp & tight!
Everyone who encounters her still says what we already know, "She is the sweetest, most polite, kind and loving little girl!"
I could have told you that! Even with her dramatics!
Speaking of dramatics, she scared the floods out of me on Friday!
We run from 5:45-8:30pm most days with her. By Friday, she is exhausted. While getting dressed, she was standing with her knees locked. While getting her hair done, she was standing with her knees locked. Do you see where this is going?
She started talking about hurting and not hearing me. I told her to start bending her knees back and forth to help the blood flow. She bent at the waist and plopped straight back in to my hair brush, hair spray, hair tie full hands!
Obviously, I kept a level head.
Or I yelled loudly for Stephen to get out of the bed and help!
Holy moly does that girl keep us on our toes!
Kyle:
We have officially reached 6th grade & EVERYTHING that it entails!
Homework! Hormones! Sports! LOVE IT!
Ok, maybe not all of that. He is becoming independent, which is always a great thing to see develop in your child. It is a struggle to remember to step back & allow that at times. We don't want him to fail. We don't want him to have to suffer consequences. However, it is all part of growing up. He is doing a great job of handling most of these situations! We are SO proud of him! Despite having a crazy schedule (6am-9:30pm) that pretty much only allows him to chill during meals, snacks & bedtime he is doing great! Kyle has done a great job of keeping up with his homework despite football practice 3x a week for 1 1/2hrs each time & church. He is learning the tough lesson of time management! We can tell exactly what point in the week he begins to get tired. Statements such as, "Do I have to use soap when I wash my hands?" mean that he is tired. He definitely keeps all of us laughing! Kyle is learning the art of complimenting! He inherits this from his Meme & Nana!!!
The other day was a rough morning for me, not enough sleep, too much to do, kids tired, hadn't spoke much with the Hubby lately - it was rough! Kyle spotted my new key ring for my work key & said,
"I like your new key ring. It fits you."
Being the happy joyful person I am in my happy joyful completely not at all grumpy-overtired mood that I was in, I said, "Really? How?"
"It's bright & happy. That's just like you, Miss Elizabeth."
*Insert heart melting right here!*
I love my boy even when he isn't spouting such sweet simple compliments.
(there should be better punctuation throughout this blog. However, I'm tired & in a time crunch)
Kaden:
He is still a big sweet loving teddy bear!
Kaden lets me know when he doesn't get enough attention & exercise by becoming a class 10 clinger. Going to the bathroom alone?
Not possible.
He will lay outside my door and breathe heavily. Change clothes on my own? Nope! Lays right outside the door and sniffs/breathes heavily to ensure I am in there.
When Stephen is out on the boat, he gets spoiled.
I lay a sheet on half of the bed. Kaden lays on that half and makes sure I know he is there CONSTANTLY! Kaden will slap a paw on me, lay his head on my chest, or if I'm having a hard time settling he will give a quick kiss.
Frank:
Frankie is still just a little peach!
Despite the fact he scared the socks off of a teacher & her child.
He was having his typical pouty moment because Daddy was gone on the boat. When I went to drop off lesson plans in order to stay home with Kyle who fought impetigo, I brought Frank with me. He is so well behaved and wouldn't cause any trouble, or so I thought.
Well, my sub came in and I'm going over notes with her. Abby left the door open to the hall. Frank smelled new people and decided to investigate.
No comments:
Post a Comment