Is it just me or did summer end way too soon!? I mean! Come on! Summer was the full gamut of everything. Seriously!
Happy! Excited! Laughter! Frustration! Shock! Yuck! Change of Plans (aka STRESS!) Lost! Home! Parents! My Babies! In-Laws! School Prep! Job Search! Missing Friends!
Uh, yeah, I need a vacation from my summer vacation. Fo rizzle! If you follow me on Facebook you know what my summer theme is. If you don't, well heavens to betsy why don't you!? Lol. Just kidding. It is passed my bedtime, can you tell?
Contentment. That is my theme. God has been trying to gently persuade me to find it. He has knocked me off my feet. Forced me to sit and listen as He cupped my face in His hands and whispered. Once again, true to my ridiculous self, He had to take a 2 x 4 to my head. I wish I was kidding.
I'M NOT!
Ok, so, I had to learn how to be content with giving up two very, very precious babies for 8 weeks. I felt so lost. God helped me learn how to be ok with it. Obviously, I can't be selfish. I had to learn how to be content with not knowing a plan. (Uhm, if that were a college course or HS class or elementary lesson - I would have earned a D-...not even kidding.) My poor Hubby literally asked me to take a walk. Bless his heart! He is so good to me and puts up with SO much! Most of you know the chaos with the moving company. Those of you that don't? Well, don't use ARPIN. My hair is so much more gray than it ever was before June. I did a TERRIBLE job of letting God handle a situation and keep me in the dark. When will I learn to trust?
We finally left Vidalia and was I content? Only until I found out a friend had her baby, that I patiently waited NINE MONTHS to see, the Monday after we left. We left Friday. ARG! He is SOOOOOOOOO adorable too! Anyways, I am ok with it now. Why? Because I have MY babies back!
I am learning contentment though. Thank God (haha! get it!?) Thank God that He (God) didn't give up on me! And I am SO thankful for my parents. Seriously. My Mom gave me advice the other day. So profound. So simple! It has made such a difference though in my point of view. I would share it with you, but it is embarrassing that I didn't get it sooner. Anyhoot, LOTS of learning!
God has allowed me to connect with friends I haven't spoken to in...I am embarrassed to say this...years. I need to call another friend too. Years (shocker!) ago, she sent me a Bible study. Psh! What did I need that for? I got this! I am good!
What the what?! Life threw curves. Did I mention my reflexes aren't always fast? So, now, I have skinned knees and elbows (figuratively) and am pulling out the Bible study. (Thanks DM!) Ok, for reals, I need to hit the sack. I will try to get on tomorrow and actually WRITE about how AMAZING the North Country is. North Country! I FINALLY LIVE IN THE NORTH AGAIN!!!!!!!
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!
Sweet dreams, loves.
I am praying for you even when I am absent from here for 3 months ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment