One of the delightful perks of living up here in the GORGEOUS North Country, is winter break.
At first I thought it was silly. After living through last winter break, I love it.
Last year we called, the year of the flu.
No joke. It was in our house for almost 3 months straight. One of the four of us would be down...occasionally all four of us.This winter, God has been very gracious and we haven't had any trouble with it whatsoever (Can I get an amen? hallelujah?)
I am not at all bragging. God knows what we need and this year we NEEDED a week of rest.
Don't get me wrong, we have been busy. Dr. appointments over an hour away, projects around the home, kids wanting to go hangout (They haven't begged and have been VERY understanding if it didn't work out so, of COURSE we get them to wherever as often as possible,) dogs running helter skelter, plumbing fun, etc. Did I mention it has been the warmest week OF THE WINTER?!
No joke! It for realz has been up to 60 degrees! I just realized that I said "no joke" twice already.
Obviously, I need you to understnad that I have random fleeting moments of seriousness in my life.
Granted, these moments are few and far in between. Why take life too seriously?
It causes gray hairs (my hair is the perfect example.) Wrinkles, stress, heart issues, all of these are just side effects of being too serious. Therefore, I will be the one who just refuses to grow up completely. You are welcome. =)
It causes gray hairs (my hair is the perfect example.) Wrinkles, stress, heart issues, all of these are just side effects of being too serious. Therefore, I will be the one who just refuses to grow up completely. You are welcome. =)
Probably the plumbing and the dogs are my most hilarious shareable stories.
I have to get the kids' approval to share their stories.
Teenagers are a hoot!
That is all I will say...
Monday was President's Day and my Chief just wanted to sleep in. It was afterall his day off. I went down to get my workout on (hello Mrs. Claus! I joked with my kdg students about trying to become a jolly Mrs. Claus never suspecting 15lbs crept on!) Anyways, it smelled like #2. I checked all over to see if a puppy had an accident. I had slept in and these dudes are R.I.G.I.D. with their routines. No mess. I checked the bathrooms....a clogged toilet. Thank you teenagers....
Long story short, that wasn't the problem. The problem was a pipe from repair work done in JANUARY had never had the end cap replaced. It was open. So .... there was ..... *gag* .... yuck all over one section of the floor. My Chief cleaned that mess up ON HIS DAY OFF.
Did I mention he is my hero?
Wednesday was my next "fun" day.
I left the dogs out at a more normal time for them, yet still allowing me to sleep in.
Shortly after putting these well trained turkey tails in the yard that they have been TRAINED to stay in....my neighbor calls to let me know he found my 4-legged children running around his yard but they are now safely on my porch.
He said Frank was so petrified at being caught doing something he shouldn't have, he looked like he wanted to disappear.
My darling Kaden, when caught, tried to pretend he could camouflage himself by blending in with his pre-sunrise surroundings.
For the love of coffee! (I stole that from my friend L.F. - such a great line!)
What is wrong with my pups!??!?
Now they have those delightful leads and are put on them EVERY time they go outside without human supervision. Kaden acted at first like he couldn't believe HE had to receive a consequence. Lol. Silly Kaden, you may be my fave dog ever, but you will not be disobedient at the expense of what could cost you your life (running across the street/leaving the yard.)
Frank on the other hand, believes that the lead is an abomination. This pup was by far the MOST difficult pup to train EVER in the beginning. We have done well over that past few years. Now, when he realizes that he has to also receive a consequence for leaving the yard, he stretches his neck out, puts his ears back and stands braced. He looks afraid to allow the lead to touch him. Lol. He also went about 24+ hours without going #2.
Don't worry! We went for a walk and he feels MUCH better now.
Hope you have a fabulous day!
No comments:
Post a Comment