Christmas

Thursday, December 22, 2011

First week of vacation

We started it off with a road trip to M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I!
Yes, that is what we did.

We took Memaw to visit her son (the amazing Uncle Jack, Aunt Kathy, and Cousin....Cousin I don't remember his name - but he is hilaaaaarious!)

A rather uneventful, chatty trip.

We made it to MS without any detours, delays (except a lot of potty breaks), or flat tires.

Monday we spent FIVE hours driving around and saw two prospective rentals.
Did I mention this was a house shopping road trip?
It was!

We very successfully discovered where we didn't want to live.
We drove to the state park and just chilled for a bit.


I had been uncomfortable all day and it was not getting better.
"Stephen, I need to go to the hotel."
Being a gentleman, he took me back and let me rest while he went to search out more information.

We had contacted four realtors with no success.

He wasn't gone 10-15 minutes and I called him back.

What happened?

A trip to the ER, some not fun moments, a CAT scan:

"Ma'am? Have you ever had a kidney stone?"

HA! Some of you thought something else, nope!

I had my first Kidney stone.
Two more days of frustrating searching and we were told about a home in a trailor park. We shuddered. There is a certain thought/feeling/what have you when you hear those words. A fabulous (absolutely LOVE this woman) realtor had scraped up several possible homes on the Natchez side of the river. She recommended that we check out the trailor park house. It sat at the entrance of the trailor park, was rumored to be a nicer house, and rumored to have a bit of room as well. The neighborhood was also said to be safe.

We drove out there again. Two elderly people happened to be outside and we stopped to talk with them. We asked about the neighborhood, crime rate, the people in the house, etc. You name it, we asked about it. I will be there without Stephen every other week.

If it isn't safe, there is no way I would stay there!

They said in 23 years there have been 2 issues and both of those happened more than 10 years ago.
We went in to the house. The lady that lives there was sweet and showed us everything.
In short, we are meeting with the landlord to work out the lease later today!
Which is wonderful because Stephen was irritable and stressed Tuesday.
I was irritable Wednesday.
We argued about absolutely NOTHING both days.

Did I mention that "Dorie" doesn't communicate well with Logical-Black&White thinkers?
I'm abstract!
Why can't he follow my abstract thinking?
Lol
We had a lot of laughs about how dumb it was. =)
I love this man SO much!
There is more, I will share it later.


PRAISE! God supplied a home in the best school district. There is a big need for substitute teachers. We have some pretty amazing people living near by!


No comments:

Post a Comment