Christmas

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Can you smell it?

It's that deliciously heavy scent. The sky is clear and everything is holding its breath. That is the scent of rain. I love it! Rain means everything is going to be washed clean. What better place to enjoy the rain than on a screened in porch? Oh, a screened in porch in the beautiful Blue Ridge, GA mountains! It was been a wonderful weekend that has flown by entirely too quickly.

My parents rented two cabins that housed my parents, brothers (2), Solomon and family, Aunt Jo & Uncle Dan, Aunt Shawn, Lucien & Molly,  my sister and her friend, and my family of four. There are no highways or big lights nearby. It is beautiful. It is perfect! If the Lord allows, Stephen and I will move to a very similar home. This has been a wonderful weekend of family reunion and celebrating our newest addition!

The lovely Lauren (Mier) Kafoure has joined us! We all love her and her family is very sweet as well. She and Abraham (2nd oldest brother) are off to their honeymoon tomorrow. We couldn't be happier! This wedding was the first wedding that Stephen and I attended as a married couple. Lauren & Abraham were so sweet and adorable! It reminded me of our wedding...except no one reached for the wrong hand to put the ring on or tried to read their vows upside down.

It's growing dark now. You can't even see the mountains the rain is so heavy. It's beautiful. I truly hope that someday Stephen & I may have our dream home. I will post pictures of all the events later. I just wanted to share with you the joy of rain drops on leaves with thunder rolling across the sky. There is nothing more perfect. Keep your chin up! Smile into adversity! We love you and are praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment