Christmas

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

One of Three

I've been told for...a long time, that I need to be more assertive. It gets me into scrapes. Scrapes where I get cornered or gyped. I don't like being assertive at times where I could say something that will hurt someone's feelings or cause problems later. i.e. I would rather just let someone corner and hurt me than drag it out and deal with a thorn in my side.
At times, it has reduced me to tears. Other times it has caused me to be so stressed I literally go home and sleep until the next day. Every time the end result is a need for a horse fix.
Some people use partying. Some people go punch something. Some people go for a run. You know what you do to calm down and get back to your normal happy self.
I spend time with horses. There is a connection there...a peace. A horse is such a large powerful animal. These animals are also incredibly sensitive to the mood around them. Being near a horse that is able to read your mood, and improve it is surreal. There is no connection like it. They see the emotional puddle you are and don't care. You can sob into their necks and breathe in their sweet scent without any comments, without any prejudice.
I need a horse fix.
Once you have finished sobbing, they let you climb onto their strong, broad back and carry you on the wings of the wind. In essence, you fly across the fields and through the trails in the woods. There is a solid 1,500 lbs of muscle under you that is so sensitive to how you sit on their back and how you hold the reins, that they will smooth out their pace to comfort you. When you are ready, the power is turned on and you charge down those same trails ready to take on the world.
Your emotions are back to calm. Your hurt has been soothed away. Your joy has been returned from those simple few moments of freedom where nothing mattered other than you were flying.










I'll write more later. Post 2 is my belated Father's Day. Post 3 is adventures! =)

Can you guess what I would absolutely LOVE to be doing? No? Re-read this post...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment