Christmas

Friday, June 29, 2012

Part 3

As promised, here is part 3.

We had 1 full week of half days with Kyle and Abby before they were to leave us for 5 weeks.

I put housework, laundry, and every other "responsible" and yet not absolutely necessary job on the back burner.

We went to DQ (don't tell Stephen,) went to the park (see below,) played basketball, and watched movies. It was the best week, in my opinoin that we had had in a very long time. I got to play with my babies and not be concerned about practices, games, and homework.


Below are just some random pictures that I absolutely love and had to share again!

Ok, so the 1st week of June we had a guest. Kaden & Lilly looked SO cute on the bed, I just had to show you! The grand piano was actually from the cabin we stayed at in Blue Ridge, GA. Someday, I'd love to have one! Unfortunately, they are THOUSANDS of dollars!

From here until further notice, are pictures from Indiana.
It was WONDERFUL to be up visiting friends, going to the movies with my brother, spending time with family, and just enjoying being in civilization with NORMAL Midwest people!

Oh how I miss you my Midwest peoples!

(Clockwise from the top left: My sister Sarah, Mom and me, Jon & me, Dad & me =)

The clouds part, sunshine comes down, and we are in the mall! WITH LOTS of GREAT stores!
...and traffic...who knew you could miss traffic?

I drove a "mom" van...it's not mine!
It's my momma's!


Clockwise from top left:
The WONDERFUL Mrs. Mowery and me!
My super sweet Aunt Shawn and me!
The FABULOUS Crystal and me!
Oh how I miss her!!!!!
Heather and me...allow me to quote her...
"I done it to a pig once!"

 

Top to bottom on the RIGHT:
Jon & me and The Avengers - LOVE that movie!
Dawn & me at Starbucks - I miss our conversations!
...and all the free food we get! =)
The FABULOUS Katie K!
Everyone needs a Katie K in their life!
My dear friend Anne W.
Alas, you are no longer "Anne Longlastname"
I am now, "Elizabeth Longerlastname!"
haha!

Look! Look! Our first tomatoes turning color! Well, we technically had a grape tomato that mysteriously disappeared into my tummy one morning before I could get a picture of it.
By the way, these are back in LA. I also took a pic of a MONSTER squash! That squash is from the tip of my middle finger to about 3 or 4 in below my wrist.
HUGE!
Last but certainly not least, some of my beautiful roses.
I love my roses!
...funny, never thought I'd say that. I'm a Gerbera Daisy girl...

Today I went and had my right knee scoped. The doctor had told me previously that he intended to microfracture the end of my knee because of what he expected to find. That would cause cartilage to regrow and hopefully postpone a knee replacement that he expected in the next 2 years.

HOWEVER, I am here to say, "My God's not dead He is fully alive!"
He heard our prayers!
Dr. F. said that my knee looked MUCH better than he ever dreamed it would!
He did not do the microfracturing and I only needed my torn cartilage worked on!
The knee replacement possiblity has been moved to 5+ years out! YAY!
One down side is this, there is ZERO cartilage on the back of my patella.
There was significant scar tissue putting pressure on it as well.
We will discuss what that means for my future when I go back for my post-op.



Stephen made me a gourmet meal of
Bourbon Chicken w/ Quinoa and an absolutely mouth watering salad!

Tomorrow at 5:30pm our babies come home!
June has ended.
July adventures will follow!

Remember, we are praying for ALL of you.
...yes, even if we don't know your name, we are praying.

We love you and remember to keep your chin up!
The sun will shine in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment