I'm there.
I'm beyond exhaustion & totally focusing on me.
Awful.
Right?
It's true though.
I want a king sized pity party complete with:
Dark chocolate
Coconut milk Vanilla ice cream
Espresso w/ cream
The puppy.
Why not the family?
Oh because they would set me straight.
Stephen got called early to go underway, as most of you know.
Not a big deal, we're used to him going underway.
Kyle & Abby did not really detox so we figured we'd be just fine.
HA!
HAHAHAHA!
They were MUCH better than I anticipated.
You see, a small voice told me there was a detox coming.
It was right.
Just an example, one day I decided to have a laugh.
My laugh was to count how many meltdowns there were.
It's really at a point of you either laugh or just get overwhelmed.
I started counting at 9:11am when they woke up.
I stopped counting at 3pm.
The count?
TWENTY-THREE
Yes
23.
I'm having a complete human moment, I'm so sorry.
Feel free to say, "Ok Elizabeth, we love you but we'll read the next cheerful update.
Let us know when you're done with your pathetic 'boo-hoos.'"
There was arguing about who would take the first bite of dinner.
There was arguing about who would buckle their seat belt in the car first.
There was arguing about who would help me.
There was arguing about who was brushing their teeth correctly.
There was arguing about whose room we would say prayers in.
There was LOADS of frustration with me because
God forbid
I expected the routine to continue with a slight flex.
I don't mind the timing changing
But breakfast will not be fed to the dog
Teeth will be brushed
Baths will be taken
We will still function as a family and work together
We will still pray over our meals
If you scream and hit at me
You will receive the consequences.
Deal with it.
Now
Now I'm just tired
I don't want to sit and hear Halo being played
I don't want to hear whining because Kaden can't read your mind
I don't want the silent treatment when I ask "How are you doing? Are you ok?" when someone looks like they are about to cry.
On to the upside of life
THE CHEERFUL PART!
I had PT this past week 3 times.
Kyle and Abby came with me each time.
Mrs. D. who works that front office officially fell in love with my babies.
Why?
Because they were/are the ONLY children that can be left in the waiting area
and you won't hear arguing, screaming, or see them running around the room.
Why?
Because Kyle and Abby are those fabulous children who truly want nothing more than to love and be loved. I am so blessed!
PT is an hour long
How many 6 and 9 year olds can sit that long without fidgeting/arguing?
MINE CAN!!!!
And they did!
Mrs. D enjoys them SO much so that when I went to PT without Kyle and Abby today, she was sad.
Mrs. D sent her love and said hello to the kids through me.
Isn't that a great witness to how wonderful they are????
Stephen was gone for a full week.
During that week, Kyle and Abby helped me keep up with the house.
We made a trip to Baton Rouge.
We camped out.
We baked & created.
We played & had dish bubble wars!
We missed our Stephen and were SO very happy when he came home!
I am too exhausted to write more.
There is
a comfy bed
a comfy body pillow for a swollen right knee
a comfy pillow for my head
and an empty bedroom
All are waiting for me.
Who am I to keep them waiting?
No comments:
Post a Comment