Seems to be fitting for today.
Kyle woke up incredibly slowly, no big deal
Abby woke up in tears from a tummy ache, but didn't want me to touch her after getting a hug.
It promptly became my fault Kyle was tired and Abby was hurting.
Long story short, I did not earn "Mom of the Year" award because I finally said, "Enough! I'm done! I'll be back once I'm calm & ya'll aren't angry."
Which didn't happen.
Abby threw up.
Kyle made it to school perfectly on time.
(Thanks to the fabulous Franklins..they are a common name in this blog it appears.)
Frankie left a wet present whilst I took care of Abby.
I put both dogs out, after they got uber wet & muddy I left them in the mudroom and went to try to make myself presentable for the now necessary doctor's visit to get a school note.
Guess who opened the mud room door so she wouldn't be alone!
Guess what happened to our home!
yeah...
Oh...a cramp...but...not a typical cramp.
Something was off.
Exercise!
That's a good thing to do!
Dogs went out, got muddier, also left in the mudroom again.
Doctor appointment set for 2:15pm.
Cramps increase...they are so not in the normal place!
growling?
Not from my stomach.
Barking!?
NOOOO!!!!
....
yes, Abby let the muddy wet dogs out again.
We took the dogs to go get Microchipped.
We have a FABULOUS vet!
They showed Abby the squirrels they were prepping to be released, she loved it!
As we were checking out, low and behold, Abby went pale as a ghost, clutched her stomach and proclaimed ready for launch.
I threw the pen & receipt at the poor receptionist and hurried her outside.
Frankie got a less than graceful entrance to the truck while Kaden was required to sit in the rain as I helped Abby into the truck.
I raced back in and asked for plastic bags because I somehow ran out of the 50million I normally keep.
CRAMP!!!!!
Kaden is graciously waiting for me without so much as budging an inch!
I loaded him and got Abby home.
She slept for 2 1/2hrs without incident.
Never got sick, PTL!
Her appointment time arrived.
At this point, cramps were rocking my boat!
My right side felt hugely swollen & tender.
Hmmm...does that sound reminiscent of December to you?
I had been running to the restroom a lot more than normal as well.
Abby got her throat swobbed.
Poor baby! It was awful & she burst into tears right afterwards.
She had developed a low grade fever and was hurting.
Next they decided to do a blood lab. Again tears and I don't blame her!
She did fabulously and I held her as she cried.
A urine sample.
We ruled out strep, thank You again Lord!
We ruled out a UTI, YAY! Thanks God!
We have to go back for another blood lab.
Boo!
OUCH! CRAAAAAMPS!
Hey, I think that was a kidney stone at that restroom break.
UCK!
We dropped Abby's nausea script off, got the tank filled with gas, picked up Kyle, and headed home.
Both dogs literally ROLLED in mud this time.
SERIUOSLY!?!?!
I gave no opportunity for them to be loosed on my house this time.
Straight to the bathroom!
Frankie did wonderful!
Kaden? Oh how I love him!
He did great right up until he squirmed and got me soaked, the bathroom sprayed, and almost knocked me over. Oh how I love him! However, I will say, after his bath I had him laying on his bed next to Abby on the futon. She was crying from her tummy ache & sheer exhaustion. Kaden tenderly laid his head 2 inches from her face and stared into her eyes. He never tried to kiss her, simply stared. Abby reached down, hugged his huge head tight, and cried into his neck.
Tender lovins....
Pictures from today will be posted at the end of the week, but I wanted to let you know God is there in the storm. He shows up in the most "unglued" moments of your day. He holds you tight and hugs you through friends, family, and pets. Roll your eyes if you wish over the pets part, but who created those pets? And WHO placed your pet in YOUR home? I guarantee you only have the things in your home that God graciously allows you to have.
PS. I love my hubby and am so excited he gets to come home soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment