Christmas

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gingerbread & Espresso Kind of Morning

It's just one of those mornings.
Believe it or not, my friends, you have not been forgotten.
There have been so many moments when I have started to write and had to stop; finished a post and my computer has blipped - effectively erasing everything I just wrote; words have welled up inside of me until I felt ready to burst!
 
I am not free to write everything that is going on. Embarrassingly enough, my focus has gone from counting gifts to counting frustrations in this the season of joy.
 
So...let's starting those gifts and joys, shall we?
 
 
1. November 28th went as smooth as butter.
K.Dr. was able to go in, remove my scar tissue and insert my new stent.
Did I already tell you that? Anyhoot, it goes from kidney all the way down to my bladder. It's rather large. Thankfully, my body is no longer cramping down on it like it did in the beginning.
 
2. My momma, who has Lymes, has begun her antibiotics.
If you are unfamiliar with Lymes, you don't know how awful it can be. Most people's cases are caught quickly, Mom's took years to discover. Last time the antibiotics were shutting down her liver, causing intense pains, and multiple other issues. Her body is reacting again, however in a more positive way. Her adrenals are improving and the Lymes is responding as we had hoped. However, that means that she is overall not feeling well. You know how it is with medicine (and storms) it always gets worse before it gets better.
That's a gift/joy that she is responding well and a prayer request for her.
My Momma is bar none the absolute most amazing, compassionate, loving, gentle hearted soul. I hope that some day I can be a fourth as wonderful as she is.
 
3. Frankie is no longer messing in the house!
He is limiting his accidents/fits to the concrete back porch, the bed of the truck and Steve's office.
 
4. Steve's and my Christmas gifts came in!
We bought ourselves a new living room set! It is so comfy that I tend to sleep better on it than I do my own bed! ...well, except for last night. I was so exhausted last night that outside of when Stephen decided it would be a good idea to squoosh (sp?) me by rolling on top of me in his sleep, I slept like a log! It was that lovely sleep where you feel as if you are just floating and cocooned safely where no grumpy thing can reach you.
Unfortunately, my darling husband's MULTIPLE alarms went off and there went the feeling.
 
5. Our new espresso machine has arrived!
Our old machine (not even 2 yrs old) had gone kaput. After emailing Cuisinart, we learned that if we paid to have the old one shipped they would send us a brand new machine for free! So let's see, continue living in a town where I make the best espresso (it's not bragging if it's true) without an espresso machine, or buy a new $200 machine, or pay $30 to ship the old one back. We chose option three!
 
6. The aforementioned option three is being helpful at this very moment!
Espresso, steamed coconut milk, and gingerbread cookies.
 
Nothing is necessarily wrong, so don't be alarmed or concerned.
I am being selfish and emotional.
This year is a little tough on all of us, it seems. God is so good though. He pours out His blessings each and every day. I know it's selfish to ask for prayers right now when so many are truly suffering. But I am. Family is more important to my Stephen and me than anything else in this world. This Christmas is flickering between spending it with family and not. My personality does not do well with flickering, I do solid and steady. So please just pray that we remember that as long as we are focused on Christ He will carry us through and be the reason for our joy regardless of what happens this Christmas.
 
7. Kyle received a pretty good report from the ENT!
He will need to have one more minor procedure and then we should be fine! The left ear is mostly healed. (That is the one repaired back in Sept/Oct) There is only a tiny slit of a hole below where the graft (sp) was placed. Kyle's right ear only has a tiny little hole as well. The ENT will be going in and repairing both of those hopefully next month. If all goes well, Kyle will be able to play in water without fear of getting ear infections! You have no idea how big of a deal that is until you have to be concerned about it. His ears have been so sensitive that the little water that wiggled around his ear plugs at Blue Bayou gave him a minor ear infection this past summer!
 
I need to go eat some real breakfast. Here are some pictures for you. =)
 
Frankie has been feeling a little under the weather. Did he come to me? Nope, big tough Stephen! Frankie's problem? It's COLD! He is not at all a fan of cold weather!
(Sorry the picture is bleached. Trying to get Stephen to take anything less than a "manly" picture at that moment was  a little difficult!)
Cousin It came to visit!!!

 
We LOVE Christmas!

 
Christmas cookies!
Christmas trees!
Plus - my baby is just the best looking 4th grader EVER!
 
 
My puppy knows when I need some extra lovins and stayed on this cold hard tile floor while I typed this.
Follow that up with me allowing him to put his front paws on my lap. He tried to literally climb his 96lb self up onto my lap, finally settling for giving me lots of kisses.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment