It has been a good week!
I hope yours has been wonderful as well.
We had "typical" moments and "fabulous" moments! "Typical" is when little things hit you wrong and all you can think is "Humph! Typical!" Ours happened yesterday. Not fun! We both woke grumpy, left grumpy (made sure we said "I love you" even if it was an "I love you but am not happy right now." ...FYI - your mood isn't determined by your situation. It's determined by Who you are focusing on....you? or God?)
Anyhoot, we finished in typical us style and were all back to lovin & teasin before the day was out! I'll tell you! These days where my love is off of work and I am at work?
FOR THE BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!
But it was a good day at work, and things are always improving!
I'll see if the Boss will let me show you some of what we do. It's a pretty beautiful store, if I do say so myself. A coworker and I have been working very diligently to straighten, reorganize, and draw people in! I think we have done pretty well considering EVERYONE that came in complimented how beautiful everything looked despite the ginormous mess of reorganizing was all over the place!
So, we had 2 family members have a birthday this week!!!!
My oldest brother, Solomon! Yep! It was yesterday! He is a wonderful husband, a devoted father, and an amazing brother! I hope he had the most wonderful birthday yet!
ALSO!!!! My dear, sweet Aunt Helen turned a whopping 90 years young!
We are all so very blessed that she is an active part of our lives! We are thankful that she is still able to get around and hep keep her younger daughter & son-in-law in line!
(Love you TK & Bruce!!!)
My most exciting thing this week was that I was FINALLY after years!!!! (two to be precise) I have finally surprised the love of my life! Months ago he informed me I would not spend a lot of money on him for Father's Day. I had been talking up several ideas and that comment shot them all down. So...Father's Day will have to wait for pictures.
We will celebrate when the children return.
BUT!!! He didn't say a single WORD about our anniversary! After a few weeks of searching, I vented my frustration to a friend who told me she could help me out!
Yippee!
What did he get?
Tee hee!
Let me show you!!!!!
Yep! A smoker/BBQ thing....(technical female term for grill w/ a smoke box on the far end =)
This is dinner!!!!
Smoked red fish! Cajun sausage that I've no clue of how to spell!
We're adding in fresh fruit & veggies too!
SOOOOOOO excited!!!!
Forgive the work shirt! I literally came home, could smell the delicious scent of the above pictured food & got all excited again!
Stephen is pretty excited too!
Love ya'll! Hope you are having a wonderful summer!



No comments:
Post a Comment