Christmas

Thursday, June 6, 2013

June 6

It's a purpley-pink kind of post.
I wanted a soft pink, but this is pretty too!
 
I can't believe June is here and already almost through a full week.
What have we done?
Worked.
 
It is good though. Activity is vital to me. I need to keep my hands busy, keep my mind moving... It helps me relish these moments I have to sit.
 
Truth be told, I have rested quite a bit. Mostly because after working all day, I'm tired!
"But you work at a flower shop!? How is that tiring?!"
 
Well, because I clean, organize, lift 4" - 8" plants and move them any & everywhere throughout the store. Climb up & down ladders whenever my monkey arms won't reach, sweep floors, help deliver stuff for weddings, move items up & down from the basement - do that from 8am to 5ish pm and you'll be tired! I love it! It's so much  better than simply sitting & just answering the occasional phone call. Granted, the activity is from the wedding season -- but I'll take it!
 
Stephen is home and I am absolutely LOVING that!
I love coming home to him and snuggling up to him each night! I'm spoiled right now with it, but I'll take it! The puppies are adjusting to having 2 working grown ups. I think they are starting to forgive me. The first few days they barely had anything to do with me when I'd come home to let them out at lunch  time! Right now, they are both sleeping peacefully. I had my first day off this week and I kicked them out! The house got cleaned! Complete with floors mopped, leather furniture cleaned, washing machine cleaned, bathrooms cleaned laundry is just finishing drying - it was productive!
 
There are so many times I have little stories for you, my dear friends, and yet haven't the time to write them out! The time has come for an "idea journal" so I can jot notes to remind myself to tell you the stories!
 
Both children are doing well in AR. We have spoken to them twice, which is difficult. Difficult because you want to go hug them or play or tell a funny and nope - they are off visiting AR. Now don't get me wrong, we are VERY excited for them to be able to go because they get to visit family, swim in the river, stay up late, eat sugar, drink caffeine...and yet we don't have to help them off the sugar and caffeine high! haha! But seriously, they enjoy visiting and we are so thankful we live close enough that they get to do it!
 
Stephen's back is all better for now. Please pray with me that it continues to stay good! It just bites sometimes and he gets pretty uncomfortable. I am recovering nicely  from the pyoplasty. Saturday I passed a decent sized stone and INSTANTLY felt so much better! All week long I had been emotional and felt uncomfortable but didn't necessarily hurt. After the stone passed I felt like a million bucks! Sunday came and the discomfort was back. Because I have a clue of what is going on, I have a better handle on my emotions. Please pray I pass this whatever quickly. It's inhibiting my ability to clear my kidney/bladder. If this doesn't clear on it's own  by Monday, I'll be headed down there to have them figure something out.
 
Do you know what happens in 19 days??!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment