Uhm, yeah, did you notice it is already the 12th?! Crazy!
We made it safely home, did I already tell you that?
It's true that I really just type, make sure my words are spelled correctly and fit the random sense of humor/wit/fun that I am and go on with life. Tends to cause redundancy, but also helps you remember you've been here! I mean seriously, how many bloggers are sitting up on Jan 12th, grading papers, laughing at her puppies, whilst her husband and children are in bed. Did I mention that Santa Clause 2 is currently playing in the DVD player?
It's true that I really just type, make sure my words are spelled correctly and fit the random sense of humor/wit/fun that I am and go on with life. Tends to cause redundancy, but also helps you remember you've been here! I mean seriously, how many bloggers are sitting up on Jan 12th, grading papers, laughing at her puppies, whilst her husband and children are in bed. Did I mention that Santa Clause 2 is currently playing in the DVD player?
Yes!
The Christmas decorations came down (just in case I forgot to tell you my wonderful GA friend!)
We had a great, crazy, and very busy weekend!
A friend joined us for a walk with one of her sweet puppies!
The kids were over the moon THRILLED when she came later with both of her puppies in tow!
Hopefully I spelled that correctly.
Anyhoot it was great because she and I ended up with exhausted puppies!
Add exhausted children to the list, and I was a happy Momma!
Of course, true to form, my stories are not in linear historical order.
I prefer to refer to it as spaghetti.
You know, all connected but in whatever order it comes to mind in.
Friday we celebrated my GA friend becoming a stay-at-home mom!! Those of you who are stay at home moms know exactly how busy she will be! Granted, both of hers are in Elementary School. However, this lady is planning on essentially redoing the insides of her house and doing that beloved deep purging of children's rooms! She was so excited for this next phase God has allowed her to have! We ate at Ruby Tuesdays. Now we are all fun loving people, but we laughed so hard during dinner that my sides hurt! The kids all had a blast! I'll put up those pics soon (soon as in my version of soon ;) It was the absolute PERFECT start to a weekend! Today? Oh my goodness. Well, today we grocery shopped, washed the car, vacuumed the car, swept off the leaves from porches, still working on laundry, graded tests, and am entering grades....of course, not right now, but I will be again in just a minute!
My point in writing?
Kids say the daRndest things.
A kid made the statement that they don't ever remember hearing me laugh like I did Friday.
Heart broken!
I used to laugh all the time! ...and smile. People in college (the more stoic ones) would joke about my face must be frozen in a smile because it wasn't natural to smile that much. They'd also tease about how I must sniff laughing gas because I would laugh all the time.
So, not only do my children not hear me laugh, not see me smile, and don't get to play with me.
Uhm, Poopy-Mom-Of-The-Year Award!!!!!!!!
I play with my kids, don't get me wrong. But not like my kids would like: basketball, football,, wrestling, running around, etc.
I laugh, just not as much or as relaxed as I thought.
Smiling?
Apparently I just don't as much.
So, it's time to get God's joy back in my heart and soul!
I'll fail, of course, but that won't keep me from persevering!
2 weeks until my surgery.
2 weeks and 1 day until Mom and Dad travel to MN for the Mayo Clinic.
Please please please keep praying for Mom. She is still spunky, feisty, sweet, precious, and loving. There are still many times that Mom has her physical strength. However, there are other times that whatever this sickness is robs her of that strength. Please pray for her spirit to be lifted up! Pray for my Dad to have strength, encouragement and to get REST when he is supposed to! He is a perfect hubby who wants to be the one who does everything for the love of his life.
Goodnight friends.
Love ya bunches!
No comments:
Post a Comment