Christmas

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Nov. 26 - I just found this again...oops! April 17

As I sit here, in my kitchen, smelling pumpkin pie baking, thinking about last year at this time and looking to what God has for us in the future - I am in awe.

This time last year, Stephen had been home for almost 12 hrs.
We were living in the tiny town of Vidalia, LA.
I was teaching 1st grade, Kyle was in 6th and Abigail in 3rd.
We were anxiously awaiting our orders. Secretly, I was praying for orders anywhere as far south as TN & as far north as NY. We all know how that ended up. =)

We found out where we were moving and I immediately began praying for the teachers, schools, job, home, neighbors, church and community that God was going to send us to.
Again - absolutely in awe.

God orchestrated Stephen & me dealing with moving while the children were in AR. He protected them from the frustration of delays. We came just in time to meet some extremely sweet souls and begin relationships. God had us drive past a church in town and have it catch Stephen's eye.

I cried through the first two services. 

I am extremely thankful for all of the people God has blessed us with since we have become involved at the church. We have enjoyed fellowship, worship, Bible study and more with these people. God has also allowed me the added blessing of a women's Bible Study - HELD AT NIGHT! 

What?!?!?

Yes!

Granted, I was more excited for the fellowship possibilities than the actual study - but that's neither here nor there. After all, who wants to study Deuteronmy???

Not me! 
Been there.
Done that.
NO desire to go back...

God has sent me back to Deuteronomy. Just 2 weeks in and my eyes have been opened to how much this book is exactly where I need to be. Some of you know that I got a bit worn down. My personality is, as someone so eloquently put it, more of the "Sunshine, rainbows, fairies and unicorns." ;-) I just like the sunny side of life. My parents did an AMAZING job teaching us to always see the cup as half full. "Attitude equals altitude." (just for you, Dad!) But - when you are tired, all you see is another cup to wash. I stopped seeing the positive and strove to simply survive until I got to bed. Nope, not sick. Nope, not in financial bind. Nope, not alone. That Devil is a tricky one. He snuck in and started whispering. Slowly but surely my Bible time disappeared. 

Are you thinking what I am thinking?
Uhm, Elizabeth!
"I am the vine you are the branches,...remain in Me, as I also remain in you....IF you remain in Me and I in you, you will bear much frout; apart from Me you can do NOTHING." 
(John 15)

Uh, yeah, duh! Read your Bible! Pray! Remember who God is!

Well, I still knew who He was. But I made a mistake.

So this Bible study, our key verse is, "And He brought us out from there, that He might bring us in and give us the land that He swore to give to our fathers." Deut. 6:23

I have no claim to the land, but I can claim that if God brought me out of a place, He will bring me in to His blessing as long as I stay focused on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment