...and if that is true I have several THOUSAND words for you! How do you figure? Well, because I can't post all of the pictures. There are more than 3 pictures I am leaving out. If I left out only 3, that means three thousand words I get to type to you! Yay! Haha! No, not really. But let me tell you, this past weekend has been good...just all around good! Tough, tearful, joyous, romantic, hilarious, frustrating, pure bliss! Yes, it is completely possible for all of those words to describe two and a half days. Don't worry about the how, I'll worry about that. You just worry about if you can keep up!
After sweeping the floors every day for 3 weeks, I had enough! It took Steve about 1 day to be over it, he humors me a lot!
The poor puppy had no clue of what the evil doctor was up to! He emerged 10 pounds lighter and with shorter hair. My thoughts on the whole deal? He is still shedding. The hair is simply shorter. In this case, it's the thought that counts!
Wednesday was Stephen's birthday! Happy birthday Baby!!!!!
Friday...I think it was Friday, I went to the urologist. No worries! It's simply a minor PB&J blockage! Ok, so no, it's not called that. But in my dream Friday night that is what I was telling people! I woke up trying to remember the right name. =) Yes, I'm that amazing. Any-hoot, it's a UPJ obstruction. No biggie! Whilst I was patiently awaiting the sonogram tech, Stephen called to let me know that the kids would be visiting family 2 nights instead of 1. So, despite the change of plans, we made the most of it. He took me to a romantic dinner. It was wonderful! We went to King's Tavern. Now, some of you might be saying, "Really? He took you to a tavern and you're happy?" Oh yes! I am happy! It was good food, great service, and the oldest building in Natchez, MS! I love history!
We are excited! It's been over a month since we've had an extended amount of time to enjoy each other.
The restuarant at one point was a hotel. We're told this is an original setting for the room!
I LOVE old things!
Steve had to check out the super old pistols on the mantel.
They were sooooo neat!
Those of you familiar with the military life understand that life doesn't always allow you to celebrate the holidays on time. Thankfully, Stephen and I have NO problem celebrating whenever, whereever, however we can. Saturday morning Kyle played his basketball game. Let me tell you folks, he started off quite rough. The poor kid has NEVER played a legit game of basketball. AR Momma has played PIG and HORSE, but that is it.Saturday? Oh, he dove on the floor for the ball, fought for rebounds, took shots, defended his man MUCH better than ever, and even stole the ball from the opposing team! We are soooo incredibly proud of him!! After his basketball game, Steve and I realized we had the day to ourselves. We received a picnic basket as a wedding gift. Can you guess what we did? Oh yes! We went for a picnic at the local state park. It was a beautiful, clear, windy, 38 degree, perfect for picnicking (sp?) kind of day!
I love this man so much! I am so blessed to be a part of his life! I never dreamed in a million years I would find such a wonderful God fearing man! Add in my two babies and it is heaven! Anyways, back to what we did. We ate lunch and had this spectacular view! One quirk I would say we have is, we love to be in the same location but not necessarily doing the same thing. For example, he brought his fishing tackle (don't kill me for mis-spelling if I did...) and I brought my dog. Yes, despite what you have heard, Kaden is Momma's puppy dog. We hit the trails!
The picture of Kaden on the far right is him staring and begging to jump into the water on the bottom middle. He is a true Lab and LIVES for the water! He was a good boy and didn't jump in. Because of bringing the fishing gear ;) he was riding in the back seat instead of the truck bed. No way was I letting a stinky wet dog in the backseat of MY truck.
That's right Stephen, it's in writing. It's MY truck! haha!
Ok, so Saturday evening...we're almost done folks!
I was pretty exhausted so I broke out the comfy pants and jacket! So romantic for our Valentine's Dinner/Birthday meal...he still loves me. Follow the pictures counter-clockwise. Yes, that is purposeful. A certain man says I am incapable of disorder. Well, "order" would be clockwise, so this is me being disorderly and putting the pictures counter-clockwise. He started off being sweet and helping me fix his homemade Lo Mein. He gave me some beautiful flowers and then we sat down to eat. It was soooo yummy! We gave each other our gifts. I found 2 cards I couldn't do without. One was the perfect card that said EXACTLY how I feel about him. I can use words like no one's business until it's time to convey feelings and emotions...that is when I get tongue tied. So, the black and red told how I feel. The white one? Oh! He is not a visual man, so that helped him visualize us! No joke! It was a picture book Valentine's day card I found at Wal-mart! He laughed so hard I thought he might cry! PERFECT!
Me?
He spoils me.
He gave me a card that made me cry.
Steve also struggles to use words to describe feelings and emotions.
He gave me the best gifts!
2 DARK chocolate bars of Godiva chocolate.
1 had expresso =)
1 had sea salted almonds =)
AND
We all know I love cartoons....
EMPORER'S NEW GROOVE!!!!!
I love that movie.
Are some of you women rolling your eyes and telling me I should be asking for the romantic jewelry and such? I love those gifts. Don't get me wrong. BUT Steve and I have very rarely done the "normal" couple things.
We pick on each other. Why? Cause it's fun.
We give the gift that will make the other one laugh.
Maybe not the romantic...why?
Because I want, almost more than anything else, someone I can laugh with.
I want to grow old with this man.
He makes me laugh.
He keeps me focused on Christ.
He loves me despite all of my quirks (that's for you Dad) and all my faults.
Love to you all! =)





No comments:
Post a Comment