Christmas

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Small town USA

First:
I love it here.

Second:
I am discovering how much of a "city girl" I am.

Third:
I have to run soon, so this will be quick.
...I hope!

Life is slower - less complicated, and that is much appreciated!
We have had more fun here exploring than I believe we had in FL.
No, dear FL family, that is not a slam on you.
Being away  from you has forced us to get out and explore, and I love to explore.
We miss you, please understand. If we could have you here right now, we would!

We explored part of the Natchez Trace and a beautifully historical place called Grand Gulf.
More on that later.
As I said, this will be short.

On to #2, I'm a "city girl."
When we make appointments, we have to take in to account it will probably take 3x longer than it should.
Why?
Because people in every walk of life are more about the relationship than the time it takes.
So my doctor appointment that in Indianapolis would have taken 30-45 minutes, took 2 hours.
I love my doctor and wouldn't trade for the world!
But it put a crink in my plans.
I want the city at times like that.
No, this doctor isn't the only one like this.
EVERY place you go, it is like this.

As previously  stated, life is slower here.

We have had adventures!
We have exciting times to tell about!
You get the story and SOME pictures.
Facebook just gets pictures.
Stay tuned dear friends!

Here is one gem that was shared with me.

"God has a plan. If what you are wanting to happen is not happening, God has a reason for that."

Obvious.
Simple.
I missed that gem until my mother told it to me. =)
Thanks Momma =)

In my world, things run differently.
I should have employment by now.
17 job applications.
NOT one that will work within my schedule has called.

My schedule?
I want to be home with my babies.
There is no child care and I flat out REFUSE to leave them with a babysitter found online.

I am headstrong.
I'll own up to that.

I am a shaker and baker.
I'll own up to that.

...maybe I should bake a cake. That sounds yummy!

I want things done now and done my way.
Thank you.

Wow, do I ever sound demanding!
God's love is so amazing and is transforming me.

I am working on letting Him take the reins and keep them.

My husband must really  love me....to put up with a headstrong person like me, he is pretty amazing.
Bless his heart, pray for him for the rest of his life!
Hopefully God won't give up on me.
I'm struggling with being demanding, can you tell?

Pictures and stories of our adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment