Weird.
That is pretty much the only word to describe this feeling.
You would call it normal.
Friday I woke up. Petrified. I tried very hard to not be.
Failure.
I went into a food choma too.
No food since 11:48pm.
We dropped the puppies off at the kennel (the second time this week) at 8am. We have a wonderful vet. They have a good SHORT stay kennel. For longer stays we prefer Blunsche. You should check them out if you are in the area. Anyhoot, they took the pups in with a rush since they knew we had a beautiful three hour drive to NOLA ahead of us. I fell asleep between Woodville (aka 45 minutes in) awoke for a short minute at St Francisville (1hr in) and finally at NOLA. Yep, FOOD CHOMA!
My nurses were all FABULOUS. Nurse L got us started and was very sweet and quick with the paper work. I hate paperwork. Nurse K got me set up with IVs and a bathroom break. Bless her hear she reminds me of Mrs. J from Indy that I used to housesit for. The woman has probably never used a cross tone of voice in her life.
I have fake nails on and the clicking of them as I type is about to drive me insane.
Nurse K actually apologized because she had to give me an IV and just about stopped trying to get my vein because she thought it was that uncomfortable. When you are dehydrated and lacking food, everything is uncomfortable. She finally got it set but it wasn't flushing. In fact, I was reverse flushing which caused the 3 of us to have a short moment of "WHAT??!?!?!" However, she turned up the fluids and we got that fixed.
Nurse M - OH Nurse M.
How I loved her humor! Favorite quote? She walks in with all of her 5'3" glory and says,
"Mrs. Lang-en-may-r? .... for Dr. Van-Lang-en-donck?"
Then she just giggled! We couldn't help but love her!
Enunciate the syllables. Add some flair and you have it! So hilarious!
The worst that happened to me this go around is that the little fluid box (for lack of a better term) had not been hooked correctly to my IV tube. So that meant that quite a bit of the saline solution or whatever the pre-op fluids are, leaked out on the bed.
What an odd moment that was! I thought I had wet the bed and didn't realize it! THEN Stephen fixed the box by tightening the tube which created a HUGE air bubble in my line!
I panicked! My momma had taught me what that meant if an air bubble got in your vein! We pinched it off just as anesthesia came in. They quickly did something with a syringe at my hook up and got the air bubble out. I'm sure you in the nursing field know the technical term but here in the first grade world we call it "sucking out the air bubble." (1st grade vocab for you, C!)
I woke up post-op for a split second when they ripped the heart monitor off my ear. Yeah, if you go in with fake nails, that delightful thing that is typically taped to your finger gets taped to your ear lobe instead. I had NO idea my little hairs on my ears were that sensitive! I did the best completely drugged up yell that I could get out.
I came to pretty quickly. We got me up and moving as quickly as possible. Stephen navigated our way out of NOLA with fabulous skill. We stopped for a delicious dinner at this restaurant.
Can you name it?
FYI, I wanted that dessert.
Double chocolate fudge cola cake with homemade vanilla ice cream.
Stephen's dinner was SO delicious looking!
Mine?
It was fried.
So...no picture.
I don't remember the ride home. I basically slept from the time we got back in the truck until we got home. Stephen got me inside (very hazy vague memory of that.) The next thing I knew it was 7:30am. We had a great morning! We took it slow!
Do you know how weird it is?
Weird!
So weird! There was no sensation of something inside of me.
This lovely blog site bleached the colors. =( But this is a gorgeous hot pink blossom in our front yard! The first one!
Happy faces for stent & pain free!
Also! This came in! It is the filler for the next year's planner! It's the little things in life. =) Like cute calendars to help with planning. I love planners! Well, really I love all things organizational!
First order of business (worth noting) was picking up our boys!!!!
Kaden was just as excited as me to have us all together!
I love his smile!!!
In Stephen's defense, he was swallowing when I took this picture. That is why he is blurred out.
Whiny Pants (Frank) refused to stay quiet unless he was sitting up front next to Stephen.
He may act all tough, but he needs his people!
Kaden was VERY excited for his first trip to Steampunk Coffee..
If you ever come to Natchez or are in the area Thur - Sun, you HAVE to go by there!
They are amazing!
Frankie was so happy to be at Steampunk's he couldn't even hold still for a picture!
Thankfully I took my coffee in a to go cup so that I could take it with us on our walk.
It was a wonderful day! It is so weird! Not having a wonderful day, that isn't weird. That is wonderful. However, not feeling the stent in me and not hurting - that is weird!
We ended our day with running by the grocery store. We ran into our fabulous friends, the W's. LOVE them!
Pizza with Captain Philips as our movie.
GREAT movie! Very intense. If you are like me, you will most likely need to watch Finding Nemo or Frozen to help you calm down afterwards. Anything comical, really. Very intense.
Love ya!










No comments:
Post a Comment