...I was sitting at my rehearsal praying everything would go smoothly at the wedding. It didn't - but it was fun! No one could really tell, I don't think. At least I hope they couldn't!
We went on the perfect honeymoon, as previously mentioned, came back in time to chill out for a weekend at home. It was beautiful! This past week was spent changing my name over in all the various and asundry places.
i.e. Driver's Licence, SS card, Military ID, banks...the list does indeed go on.
Stressful? naaaaahh!!!! I'm married! Annoying....oh yes, definitely annoying. I understand there are rules and regulations to protect us from people trying to play the system. However, it bit me instead of them. 3 days, 10 hours of driving, and 6 hours of wait time later - I got my SS card, DL, and my name changed at my bank, added to Stephen's bank, and got my military spouse ID.
For example, in FL when you get married, you have to have your old SS card, new SS card, marriage license, birth certificate, and 2 pieces of mail to prove residency....difficult when we haven't received a bill at our new address. I went to change my SS, oh wait, it takes 24 hours to change it in the system and 2 weeks to get the card! I drove to Ocala! An hour plus ONE WAY! Being the sweet soul that I am (wink wink) I smiled, said thank you of course I"ll drive back out here tomorrow to get the verifcation of my SS.
Yes, I really did do that! The next day I went out, got my verification and attempted to discover what Stephen & I would need for Kyle & Abby's SS cards. From there I went to get my DL (for the 2nd time.) A super nice lady helped me and I was on my merry way an hour after I got there.
Today we went to St Pete to get me on the military account. That went smoothly! We went to get Kyle & Abby's SS cards while we were so close to an office. NOPE! Did you know that a birth certificate is not considered a valid form of ID for those kids?!?!?! Yep! Craaaazy! So we left pretty frustrated - the lady was mean too! Plus it was rainy and we were freezing. Grumpy? CHECK! Tired? CHECK! Hungry? of couse that's always a CHECK! We ate at Chili's and went home. I was STARVING by the time we got home because my meal wasn't very big. Ok so a normal person would have been satisfied for hours. But me? Oh, a couple hours later I was ready to eat! Have I mentioned I'm blessed to be married to the absolutely perfect person for me? YEP! He had this idea rolling around in his head to make a fantastic meal! As soon as he shows me how to hook the camera up to the computer I will share ingredients and pictures. But let me tell you - a heaping plate full and I was ready to go back for more! Not because I was hungry, but because it was SOOOOOOOOOOO yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment