For God did not give us a spirit of timidity,
but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7
My mom reminded me of this verse.
It made me realize how much...I lack.
The spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline.
These come from the Lord.
I am talking the talk....
Am I walking the walk?
No.
I'm not.
I fear that my children will never know how much I love them.
I fear that my husband will never know how much I love and respect him.
I fear the small things of life.
I fear that I will be forced to post-pone surgery.
Please understand, I am not trying to obsess or bore you with this.
It's hard to put my family through this.
My MIL and FIL are in town to help. I don't want to inconvenience them by ending up not having this. If I say, "by not having the surgery" they will be up in arms.
I don't want my husband to have to wonder if he's hurting me when he holds me.
I don't want my children to have to worry about hurting me with their hugs.
I don't want them to try and have to discern if my grumpiness is legit or if it's from pain.
God didn't give me the spirit of timidity or fear.
The devil does that.
He lives ... he feeds off of making us focus on our fears.
Does he not yet realize he lost?
The Lord strengthens and encourages us in countless ways.
The Lord sends us phone calls, text messages, hugs, kisses, puppy kisses and snuggles, when the devil sends fear.
Devil = 1
LORD GOD = INFINITY
Pretty sure God's score wins.
We simply have to focus on the LORD GOD.
Sitting here the verse about how if no one will sing praises to the Lord, HE will make the rocks cry out.
THE ROCKS cry out.
Have you ever heard a ROCK cry out?
I haven't.
Has your breath ever been taken away by scenery?
Mine has.
God will open our eyes to those blessings.
To me, that is when the rocks cry out.
Open your eyes next time you are outside.
Notice the intricacies.
Have you ever stopped to look at a leaf?
How many veins intersect and branch out?
Think about it...
Solar power?
The trees used it first!
Snow flakes...
No 2 snow flakes are alike.
Haev you ever been in a blizzard?
I have.
Not one of those snowflakes looks like another.
Can you even count how many snowflakes are there?
The LORD GOD who made you, designed you with a purpose, knows every decision you will ever make, grants you freedom of choice, and loves you still knows the number and design of each snowflake in that picture.
God did not give us the spirit of timidity.
He designed us with a purpose.
How can we accomplish that purpose if we are living a life of fear and timidity? Live in the Power of Christ, the LOVE of the Lord (because God is LOVE,) and have enough self-discipline to follow Him. God's yoke is light. The direction is clear.
Follow the straight and narrow.
Why not?
What will you lose?
NOTHING!
Why then, do I, who has known all of this since before I was born almost, still live with a spirit of fear?
Because I'm human.
Messing up is what we do.
The important part is what we do after our mistake.
Me?
I will be striving to live with the spirit of Power, of Love, and of Self-discipline.
How will you live?

No comments:
Post a Comment