Christmas

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sept 17 - 23

As you can tell by the previous posts, it's been a crazy week!
On to the good things!
PICTURES!
Monday was rough on all four of us.
We left Stephen in St Louis and came home.
 
 
You wish you could drive in this, don't you!
We were cruising at a beautiful 45mph on the highway at that point.
 
 
Kyle pulled out a tooth!
 
 
 
The tooth fairy found us, despite the fact we moved since the last time someone in our family lost a tooth.
 
My children would rather look like this for the camera than smile!
 
 
LOVE IT!
 
When the kids went to visit their family in AR, I had my dress sent off to be heirloomed.
It came in!!!
 
Yes, it's in a box...not what I really hoped for, but you will see later why I am now happy with that.
 
 
I love my dress =)
Someday I'll fit into it again!
 
Our tiny new addition has decided to lose all teeth at the same time.
It could have something to do with playing tug of war with someone 9x his size.
Anyhoot, he was in so much discomfort from all that teething (4 molars and all front teeth top & bottom coming in at the same time) that it was recommended I give him some children's Tylenol.
 
We discovered a new energy level in the little guy!
 
 
1 mile in to our walk, I decided to turn back. Frankie wasn't even phased at that point!
I think it was all the new sights and smells.
We came home & he slept pretty solid (outside of potty breaks) from 9am until 3pm.
 
Kyle lost tooth #2!
 
 
That night he tearfully asked me to tell him the truth. He knows I won't lie to him, period. That's our agreement. So - I told him it is what he believes in his heart that counts. If he wants to believe in the tooth fairy, that is fine. It's like Santa. Kyle didn't fully accept that. So I told him this:
 
Once upon a time, there was a little boy who had a very loose tooth. One day, after playing with that tooth quite a bit, the tooth fell out! The little boy was so distraught that in an effort to make him feel better, his momma told him to put the tooth under his pillow. In return, the toothfairy would come and leave money for that tooth! The little boy carefully cleaned the tooth, placed it under his pillow and happily went to sleep. Morning came and he quickly checked - there was a whole dollar in place of the tooth!
 
You can judge me on whether or not I lied.
Kyle asked if the story were true.
I told him no, but that was how the tooth fairy probably got thought up.
 
After all of that, the tooth fairy forgot to come. Kyle had even left a note asking if he could keep the tooth. When he checked and found the tooth still there, he was happy. Then he said, "Last time the tooth fairy still paid me for my tooth. I wonder if she's upset since I asked if she were real."
 
YIKES!
 
Saturday we enjoyed spending some wonderful time with great friends!
We celebrated a birthday, went bowling, and had cake!
The birthday boy had chosen shrimp alfredo for his birthday meal.
If you know my daughter, you know she loves shrimp!
So of course, we had to go home and making something of our own with shrimp in it.
 
 
So yummy!
 
Today we played it chill.
We did church and movies.
The End!
 
The kids watched Tooth Fairy 2 whilst I cleaned out some areas of my room.
My closet is TINY and I'm working on getting rid of things instead of being such a pack rat.
DISCLAIMER FOR MY HUSBAND!
No, I am not getting rid of everything. Just some things. So when you come home, you may not notice a difference, but I will!!!!
 
Anyhoot, look what I found!
 
 
Found a few in the back corner of my closet.
A few ON MY BED!
*shudder*
The traps will be baited and set tomorrow.
EW!
 
 
The day ended well though...
 
 
I love my Big Man!

 
Of course, as is the story of all lives (seems like ours especially!)
The day never ends without someone or something getting injured/broke.
My stoic little puppy (literally the little puppy) was acting funny.
Timid.
After watching him walk around I noticed something.
He had been injured while playing! The top picture is AFTER I cleaned it up.
Kyle & Abby would not go to bed and sleep until they knew he had been cleaned and bandaged.
 
 
As you can see, he feels he is now entitled to sleeping in Stephen's sleeping bag.
Because I am a softy, I am allowing it until I leave this room.
That "softy" side almost got me today.
Doodles has been acting a little under the weather. Today she played it up and almost got out of church. However, as my heart was melting into those pathetic blue eyes and sad little face, she twitched a smile.
That was the end of that.
I told her if she hadn't gotten sick to her tummy, she could probably make it through church.
"I feel like I could get sick really soon though."
Me?
"Well, when you are sick to your tummy & have a fever we will stay home."
My heart HURT to say that, but what else could I do?
Abby?
"Ugh! I wanted to stay home!"
My heart stopped hurting...
 
 
I love ya! I'm praying for you! God is going to do some great things this next week!
 
Well, I know it's late. So I will leave you with this...
 
 
Sweet dreams =)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment