Anyone who knows me knows that I love words. Especially big words! I don't always use them, but I love the way they feel and I love meaning! However, words have lately been my enemy. With Stephen off on his trip, I have been a tish bit frazzled. A lot of you think, "Wow...seriously? 2 kids and 2 dogs and you're frazzled? Psh! Try 6 kids and some of those toddlers!"
God knows I'm not ready for 6 kids yet - I'm not denying I'd love it though!
But yes, 2 kids and 2 dogs is keeping me hopping!
I am so embarrassed to admit this but lately my words have been a struggle. My tone has been lacking love. So - not only are the words coming out less than uplifting, but my meaning is not uplifting. Could I possibly do any worse?!
I don't think so. God says there is life and death in words. Think about it. HE spoke and you came in to existance. At His Word, time began. I have the opportunity to reach out to two precious hearts and help mold them for His kingdom, and I'm failing.
NOTE: I don't want sympathy. I am "confessing" of sorts and asking for prayers!
I became acutely aware of this tonight. Our precious Doodles was asking me to help her get seconds from dinner. I went to stand up out of the recliner. My cheekbone connected with the side of her head. Instead of checking to see if she was ok and laughing it off - I got upset. My words came out angry. Why!? Why do I do that?! It wasn't her fault entirely! I should have looked up to make sure she was off to the side. I should have just chuckled about my lack of coordination and gone on after checking her. I did make it "right" by apologizing. But I know I also hurt her feelings.
There is also my wonderful Kyle. He has been going through some moments. More often than not I find myself frustrated and thinking, "Grow up!" Did I mention he is 9? Yeah, he needs to be allowed to be a kid WHILE being responsible.
My words aren't speaking life.
My meaning is not speaking life.
God is working on me with this. He is using my family and supporting me His Word.
I just needed to get that off my chest. In the unlikely event you struggle as much as I do, know that I'm praying for you. We all have the power to speak LIFE through our words and meaning (which is perceived through word choice, tone, and body language.) Let's purpose to do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment