Christmas

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The day after tomorrow

Wow....so Monday....The sun rose bright and early! Everything looked glorious up here in the fabulous north!!!! =) I called about getting my dress & the flower girl dress steamed. As with all wedding, there are snags - let me just put that thought out there. Anyway, the lady let me know that you are supposed to drop your dress off 2 weeks pre-wedding to get it steamed. YIKES!!! Because we had just driven up from FL the lady (fabulous woman) cut me some slack and said she could get them done by the 24th. Perfect!  The day before the wedding! From there we went for our marriage license - enter mayhem.

I don't know how many of you have grown up in the country, but to a country boy downtown Indianapolis can be frustrating especially when there is construction going on. People are not as polite in the city as they are in the city. We detoured to the lower end of Talbott Village - doors were locked, no eye contact with passersby, and we quickly manuevered away. Four close calls with people trying to take the front of the truck off, 2 wrong turns, and several more detours later we decided to pay $5 to park. Once we were in the building we saw some very interesting sights. 30 minutes later we exited the building and attempted to get home in a timely manner. We got cut off several more times, missed exits because people wouldn't let us over (a mile in advance), and made it home to find out we have to have our parents drop off the license in order to get the copies we need for license name changes. "Mom, can you drop it off and mail the four $2 copies to us?"

Yes, I edited out a lot...and looking back it is funny, but this wedding stuff is kind of for the birds!

Today? I discovered the tux place we used doesn't link systems across the States like I thought they would. An hour and a half later, we walked out with our shirts (yes we only ordered shirts) and thanked God He made marriage a one shot deal. Once and done! When we got home, we were met by Steve's parents and our children. We missed them SOOOOOOO much!!!!! Connie, the kids, and Sarah (my sister) finished the center pieces for the reception. They look fabulous! We cleaned and did laundry too! We are just that good! Finally, I checked out to go get my nails done. I mean come on! I am getting married! That's reason enough to spend $30  on your nails, right? AND the guy did a fabulous job! Best nail job yet! ...not to mention the second time I've ever had it done. ;) Right now things are winding down. We have filled out our part of the marriage license, I'm supposed to be working on the play list for the reception, Steve & Jonathan (little bro) are outside playing frisbee with the kids, Jim, Connie, Sarah, and Nathan are headed here for some pizza that Dad should be picking up any minute.

The day after tomorrow I marry my best friend and begin my "happily ever after!!!!!" Do I feel nervous? No. Am I afraid to give up my "independence?" No. Do I have any regrets? No. Does my heart skip a beat? Yes - every time I think about everything I gain from this marriage!!!! Despite all of the chaos, my stress levels, and me picking on him incessantly (yes, he dished it out some too - but I picked on him much more =/ ) he still loves me and hugs me. I found a gem of a guy and can't wait to belong to him completely!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment