Why am I calling this "one of those weekends?"...oh I don't know, because I hit every emotion in the book in less than 48 hours! ...and no gentlemen, it isn't "the time" when I'm all emotional and what not, so get that out of your heads.
Friday I was sick and my FABULOUS fiance took me home and stayed with me until he was about to fall asleep. The next morning (Saturday) I hear the dog barking. Now, he only barks if people or animals are in our yard that aren't supposed to be there. I let it go for two minutes and he stopped. I timed him. When I got up to see what the deal was, he was barking again. Our neighbor (bless his/her heart) was helping take care of the flowers in my yard and now was peeking in my not yet curtained back door. Yes, cupping the eyes and face against the window. I went over and opened the door to chat. She chatted for a minute then let me know that my dog had been barking. Apparently when people hear a dog barking inside a neighbor's house it upsets them and makes them nervous. I appreciate her concern. I understand how a dog barking could be annoying, especially if you are NOT in that dog's yard, and NOT working around that dog's house, and NOT peering in the not yet curtained back door. Being the ever patient, kind, ever -tactful person I am, I apologized and said he was probably extra protective since I was sick. She reiterated the upset/nervous feelings and said have a nice day. Ooooh my lanta! For real!?
...any hoot, that's my frustrated feelings that were also very angry.
Later that morning, I got a surprise! Stephen showed up to let me know we had a day ALL to ourselves! The whole day!!!!! So what did we do? Oh, we went shoe shopping for him! =) He's a man's man. A no-nonsense, I don't do shopping kind of man. But he was a trooper and 2 hours, 7 stores later, we found shoes for him to wear at our wedding. Only one TINY upset moment during that whole time! After all of that, he treated me to dinner, go-carting, and putt-putt. He cheated at go-carting by bumping me out of the way, and won. ;) Putt-putt he beat me by one point. I'd like to think that I let him win, but that would not be honest.
My blissfully happy afternoon/evening...
Sunday came bright and beautiful! We had a good time at church, spent time together with the family and went to the mall to get some shoes for Abby.
My dad called and left a vague vmail. We finally connected. Uncle Jim had passed away that morning in his sleep around 4:30am. Every family has an "Uncle Jim." The patriarch, a man's man, a shoot you straight no matter what man, a man that loves his family and does absolutely everything for them by himself - thank you very much. =) I'm his great-niece technically, but he was my favorite. There aren't words to describe how amazing he was....there just aren't. I spent most of yesterday crying and trying to find a way to finish planning wedding things, unpacking boxes, doing laundry, packing for 2 weeks (pre-wedding week & honeymoon), putting together all the wedding programs, getting Kaden to the kennel, and all before Tuesday evening. After a while I curled up on the bed and just cried. God started talking to me and then it was like He told what Uncle Jim would say if he could talk to me. "What the heck are you thinking?! You KNOW I'm not there! You are planning for your wedding and you should be happy! I love you and know you'll miss me but I'll be darned if you mess up your wedding for a funeral!" ... ok, that's edited - but you get the picture!
My sad moment...
Stephen held me while I cried then when he knew I was ready he helped me laugh. He stayed close the rest of the evening and helped me laugh every time I was about to cry.
Today the sun rose! It's beautiful! I am ready for this week! I know Uncle Jim lived his full 90 years exactly how he wanted to.
Enough sad - let me introduce you to my new family! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!
The kids....Kyle is our 8 year old son. He has a true heart of gold! Kyle loves Star Wars, playing with his family and writing/drawing. Abby is our 5 year old daughter and is completely a daddy's little girl! She does not understand the meaning of "being still" and loves playing with our dog!
Yes, they are characters! I can't wait until they come back to us from their momma's on August 1st! They will be in our wedding as the ring bearer and the flower girl. Both are excited to be a part of the wedding and thrilled at having an even bigger family!
Kaden is our 9 month old baby....slightly spoiled but we love him anyway!
Kaden would rather play fetch or flop at your feet for a belly rub than anything else. I was there the day he was born and pretty much fell head over heels for the little lump of black and white fur. At almost 9 months, he weighs in just under 80 lbs. Kaden is so gentle with the kids that Abby can walk him by herself! Mind you - he's still a puppy and can get rambunctious, but he's a gentle soul!
And Stephen & me!
There's a slight chance I'm baised, but I'm going with he's definitely the best lookin man alive! And I get to spend my "happily ever after" with him!
This is my life! That was my weekend! This is my amazing new family! I can't wait to see what adventure comes next!



No comments:
Post a Comment