Christmas

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Taste of the future

Oh! It was sooooo great! (exclamation points are my favorite punctuation by the way ;) Yesterday we had our first family dinner at our house! Granted, we are still pre-wedding, and I'm the only one living there - but it was the four of us! Sorry there aren't pictures  - I got surprised by everyone getting there sooner than expected. BUT it was wonderful! We had some grilled chicken, and veggies (a staple of mine ;) and some super yummy fried potatoes....or as they say down here "home fries." ....and that brings on a whole story of its own later. Anyway, it was great! Abby and Kyle were super excited for all of us to be having dinner there. Stephen helped me pull the meal together and we all had fun just eating and laughing together. =) We all worked together to clean up the meal and played some games. =)

The "home fries" story - before moving to this rather hot/humid lovely state (and yes I do love it!) I lived in Indiana. I worked in an inner city school. My experience with the term "home fries" is from one of those students up there. Yeah, "home fries" was what they referred to as the kids in your neighborhood. When Stephen asked what fried potatoes were, I described them. He said, "Oh! Home fries! I love those!" In my mind I'm thinking, "You love kids in your neighborhood?" ...yeah, slight chance that was a "Dorie-esque" moment. =)

The countdown!!!!!

10 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!

Can't tell I'm excited, can you? On Saturday morning WAAAAAAAAAY early in the morning, Stephen and I will begin our road trip to Indiana! The kids and his parents (Connie & Jim - best in-laws a girl could ask for!) will join us up there on Thursday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment